Friday, January 1, 2010

Status

Progress!

Taking (and passing) the Brainbench ITIL Concepts exam this last week has provided me with some motivation and renewed enthusiasm.

Since the exam, I've done the following activities:

- Printed the free flashcards (posted here) and completed a cursory review of them.
- Reviewed some PROCESS material in one of the posted free study guides.
- Studied some Continuous Service Improvement CSI material
- Retook the Brainbench exam with the following improved results:

ITIL Concepts
Score: 3.83
Percentile: Scored higher than 96% of previous examinees

Demonstrates a clear understanding of many advanced concepts within this topic. Appears capable of mentoring others on most projects in this area.
Strong Areas
• Problem Management
• Incident Management & Service Desk
• Capacity Management
• Service Level Management
• IT Service Continuity Management
Weak Areas
• Availability Management


I've also (finally) scheduled the EXIN exam.
That was painful. The registration process appeared to "hang" a couple times and I was unable to print a receipt of my payment. I did receive email notification that I had registered, so I'll check with the testing center to verify everything is good. I'll also visit the testing center prior to the exam to ensure that I know EXACTLY where to go and to evaluate if any road construction would cause delays.

After all these months, I'm finally going to take the exam.

Finally.

8 comments:

Gary said...

Did you get a offical cert after you passed the exam? How??

Dan said...

Yup. The testing center processes your score. You have the hard part. All you have to do is pass the exam :)
I got mine in a couple weeks.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenny said...

Thanks this has really helped

Jen said...

Thank You very Much got ITIL exam next week

Edward Chung said...

I will be sitting for the ITIL v3 foundation exam next week, thanks a lot for your experience sharing and examination tips!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leyo said...

It's really a great information, I really liked your way of explanation, its beneficial to who were interesting to work in IT.Thanks for this information. ITIL Foundation Certification